Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Ex Situation

Today I find myself somewhat confused on the situation between my ex and I and so I have decided to look to my cards to help me shed some light on the situation. Other factors are starting to jump in and I'm really not sure where I stand, what happened, what's going to happen, and in essence, what the final result will be. I'm going to use a horseshoe-shaped spread consisting of 7 cards.

The Past: Nine of Pentacles
The Nine of Pentacles signifies the loss of a valued friendship and that is what is (almost in its entirety) affecting the question and myself. I no longer have the freedom to see or call him whenever I feel like talking or someone to bounce my problems off of. Our friendship isn't entirely lost, but it is on the rocks which makes the entire situation very delicate.

The Immediate Present: Eight of Pentacles
The Eight of Pentacles signifies my current lack of ambition, vanity, and disillusionment. I'm finding it difficult to do things for myself and setting goals is almost tedious. I was successful last night in writing up a step-by-step plan to better myself but I'm going to really have to stick with it. The vanity section is pretty self-explanatory. I must embrace the more modest side of myself but not go so far as to discredit my attraction. As for the disillusionment, I'm probably fooling myself into thinking that things will work out again between us or that it will happen quicker than it really will.

The Immediate Future: Ten of Swords
The Ten of Swords can play in two different ways here. I will either continue to experience mental anguish in the near future or I will start to see improvements and a momentary gain in happiness. The choice is always up to me and whatever I choose will have lasting effects on the outcome of the situation. It's quite obvious that the healthiest thing to do is to strive to gain and to improve myself. I need to avoid depression, disappointment, and pain by not disillusioning myself as the Eight of Pentacles has warned me about.

Occupying My Mind: I The Magician
I am currently occupied with my ineptitude and insecurity as in line with the Magician. My weakness of will is really eating at me and the one thing I'm focusing with more strength on than anything else at this time is my self-control and building back my self-confidence.

Attitude of Others: Three of Staffs
Other people in my life see the situation as cut and dried while I go on in confusion. There are those who will try to help me with this, but I should beware of help offered from them as they may only make the situation worse.

Obstacle: II High Priestess
The High Priestess denotes what I need to overcome to resolve the situation. She says that I need to have wisdom and find some way to use sound judgment. I have to have common sense and be able to accept the relationship between my ex and I as platonic. I need to work on my self-reliance and to try and remain as emotionless as I can around him.

Final Outcome: Five of Cups
The Five of Cups is telling me that there will be a friendship without real meaning or a marriage without real love. There is nothing for me in this place anymore and I would do well to not regret what has happened.

The cards are telling me that I need to move on. There is no misreading because this is what I had already known to be true. If I continue to pine over him, I will get nothing more than the Five of Cups.

Okay, one moment here. I just looked down and realized that I hadn't flipped over the Five of Cups at all. It was the Ten of Cups which signifies home, joy, pleasure, peace, love, contentment, good family, honor, esteem, and virtue. Maybe what that meant was to let go of the way I'm doing things and that it will all turn out for the best... with happiness. That has never happened to me before, I must've wanted to read it as the Five of Cups.

No comments: